- Lower your expectations. Unless you are a climbing god, you can't climb 5.14 in 90 degree weather with 70% humidity.
- Climb only in areas with easy access to swimming (don't forget sunscreen).
- Before climbing, move slowly to reduce sweat. While climbing, move quickly.
- Drink plenty of water. You might gain a pound or two (thank God your harness only weighs and ounce and your quickdraws are light as air), but you won't be dizzy either.
- Watch your skin and don't be afraid to tape. Remember, tape doesn't sweat.
- Bring along your Ipod. Those little suckers can turn even the sweatiest times into parties.
- Hit up Sonic on the return trip for a Route 44 - the biggest, coldest drink on earth - or ice cream.
- The gym is your friend. Go train indoors and enjoy the AC.
John and I really enjoyed ourselves, climbing nearly every problem the boulders had to offer and cooling off in the water when necessary. The psyche rolls on!