Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Weekend

I pulled my '93 Jeep Cherokee off the interstate on Friday with a smoking engine and on Monday dropped it off with a mechanic. Turns out I "blowed a gasket head" and my car is virtually worthless. For now I'm just bumming around but I'm going to have to cough up the money for a new car soon. I don't yet know how this is going to affect my climbing plans over the next year but it's not looking good.

Anyway, Saturday was the Hound Ears comp. It felt really tough this year and I failed on a lot of boulders. Hanging out with the crew was super fun though and I'm psyched to have a great group of guys around this season. The thing that Triple Crown does best is bring everyone together. It may not be very fun climbing next to 400 of your best friends but it is fun hanging out once the climbing is done.

On Tuesday Jimmy, Nate Draughn (Chattanooga's newest resident), and I went out to LRC. We climbed a lot of boulders, even a new one - a one move undercling problem on a short boulder left of the trail just before Super Mario. In the new guide I believe they call it v10 but after claiming a flash a piece Jimmy and I agreed it's probably more like v9.

We are also camera-less at the moment. I would really love to buy a new one but after the car incident and while saving for trips this winter I'm not sure if I'm gonna be able to afford it. I think we are gonna head down to Horse Pens this weekend despite the predicted heat - at this point I think everyone is tired of climbing indoors.

Lata,

Brion

1 comment:

  1. my car just died this weekend...on the highway on my way back from a local bouldering area out 75 south in KY and the thing just quit and started to emit the scariest grinding sound I could imagine a car giving off...horrible and I myself am bumming rides...little rock city this weekend is the plan, hopefully i can polish of a project.
    Who knows maybe because of this we will just demolish our projects no, like we deserve it or something...either way have fun this weekend and I hope your situation works out for the better!

    ReplyDelete