Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Help the SCC

Happy 2011 everybody! I haven't posted lately because I haven't been up to much - just training, hiking, and trying to heal my finger. I don't really know how the finger is coming along, I just know that I still can't grab crimpers. Anyway, I'm hoping that one of my hiking expeditions will yield a new cluster of boulders but so far I've found nothing worth mentioning. Private property boundaries, rabid dogs, and hunting season just complicate the matter. I snapped these shots in about 5 minutes worth of hiking:


Signs like these make you appreciate what our local Southeastern Climbers Coalition has accomplished. And speaking of the SCC, they recently announced fundraising for Deep Creek - a sport climbing crag about 25 minutes from downtown Chattanooga. If you can/want to help out, even a $5 or $10 donation would be greatly appreciated. For more information about donating just click here or the link above.

I guess that's all I have to say. Enjoy the good weather and the new year!

-Brion

No comments:

Post a Comment