Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Trade of Showing

I'm back from Salt Lake City. Mostly it was hot. I was there. So were Jon and Olson. And Olson's Prius. Oh, and there was a comp. I feel like I did well in my first ever climbing competition - I placed 18th.


Also, comps are fun! I really enjoyed my 25 minutes of climbing and I'm looking forward to competing more often this year.

But the comp was just a bonus - the real reason we drove 8 hours through the Wyoming countryside was to meet and greet at the Outdoor Retailers Trade Show. The thing was huge. Needless to say there was a lot of wandering around. I found that I kept retracing my steps from the 5.10 booth, to the Verve booth and the Organic Booth, and back to 5.10.
Speaking of 5.10, they have some rad new product coming out soon. Check out the Team 5.10s and the Chase. There will also be some older shoe models in new colors. And the Five Tennie is coming back. Oh, and jeans!

In the end I found my two days at the show to be quite productive. I'll be back next year.

Also, according to John Dorough, Ronnie Jenkins put up quite a hard route back home. I don't know anything about it, I don't even know exactly it is, but I'm excited to try it soon! Nice work Jenkins!

-Brion

No comments:

Post a Comment