Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Home for the Holidays

I'm back in Chattanooga for a few days spending Christmas with family. I'm not sure what my plans are afterwards but I think a return trip to Arkansas may be in order. Top of my list there are Lost in the Hood, Wood Grain Grippin', Loved by Few Hated by Many, and the Zone.

As for the end of my Hueco trip, I finished Full Throttle. Being mostly pinches and compression I would not consider this problem in my style and completing it, I feel I've reached a new level. This problem also highlighted a slight shift in my climbing style from fingery crimp problems to power and compression. Don't get me wrong, I still love a good crimp line but I feel that I'm a more well-rounded climber. This is one reason I love returning to Hueco every season - it allows me to measure progress and changes in my climbing which I may not have noticed otherwise. I can't wait to get back to try Esperanza (v14), which I made some good links on, and Slashface (v13).

That being said, here are a few photos from the past week. Still to come is footage of Diabolique, El Techo, One Inch Pinch and a bunch of others.

Getting into the business on Diabolique

Diabolique

Jimmy on the last move of Diabolique

John climbing See Spot Run

-Brion

No comments:

Post a Comment