Sunday, July 25, 2010

Another

My motivation has been suffering lately. After a full summer of hiking and climbing it seems that all I want to do is sit on the couch, watch a movie, and eat some good food. John and I have been to Movement a couple time though to test the endurance. Turns out mine's not very good. I've noticed that no matter the difficulty of the route, whether it be 12d or 13c, I can make it about 3/4 the way up the steep wall before losing steam. It's been fun though, a nice change of pace from bouldering. But my left middle finger has been giving me some trouble - another pulley... So I wont be competing the trade show comp. As for bouldering outdoors there are a couple more things I would like to cross off my list before the summer is up and yesterday I was able to get one done - I Comb My Hair Like God (v11).

John Gass and I met Jon Glassberg and Ryan Silven in upper chaos and after figuring the beta Glassberg pulled it off. After a little more effort and the loss of all my gym skin I finally figured out the body positions and did it. It's starting to feel more and more like summer in the park. That is, there are more mosquitoes, less snow, and afternoons are hotter than ever. I have another couple weeks before I'll be back home in the real heat and until then I'll be out climbing...

Brion

No comments:

Post a Comment