Monday, December 13, 2010

Hueco 1

Days 1 and 2 of Hueco 2010 are in the books. On day 1 Brad Weaver and I went up to try Bleeding Brothers (v12). The boulder revolves around these toe-hooks in a huge hueco. I don't know whether it's my height or if I'm just not strong enough, but I couldn't make it work. I was able to figure out some other crazy beta though and after a couple hours I was able to put it together. I captured the send on my new camera as well but you're gonna have to wait to see it. Brad was close but the boulder is super spread and he looked like he was strung out on a medieval torture device. We also tried Esperanza (v14) and I was able to do all the moves and make a couple good links - I'll be back.

Then yesterday we got out to East Mountain to try Slashface (v13). I got super close and I'm looking forward to getting back and finishing it off. Brad and Jimmy were both psyched on Full Throttle (v13) - a boulder I was lucky enough to climb on our last trip - and both were doing really well. Here's a picture I took of Jimmy on it:


We are heading out to the East Spur tomorrow to try Nagual (v13).

See ya out there,

-Brion

1 comment: