Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Cold and Damp

It was supposed to be sunny yesterday. It wasn't. It was supposed to snow today. It hasn't. Moral of the story - February weather here has been unpredictable. As a result, many of our climbing days have been less than ideal.

Yesterday was just one of those cold, cloudy, damp days that kill motivation, wreck skin, and keep you shivering. Jimmy and I were at LRC hoping to finally climb the Tall Tee project. After a few goes though, it was obviously not happening. Conditions for this thing have to be perfect, skin has to be perfect and climbing needs to be flawless. Yesterday was just not the day. I'm excited though. This boulder is an entirely new level for us and, I think, a new level for bouldering in the Southeast. In terms of single difficult moves, this one may be equal to the crux move on Jade. Of course the climbing after this move isn't as difficult as Jade's v11 exit but it's interesting to think about.

Anyway, after our failed attempts at Tall Tee we got psyched to try another 1 move project (we think) just behind Diesel Power. The problem starts on two small edges with a smearish foot out right. Then a hard deadpoint to a slot leads to easier climbing. I ended up sending for the 1st and I decided to name it Disparate Impact (v10). Here's a photo of Jimmy trying it:


Afterwards we got psyched and decided to go looking for a problem called Immortal Technique (v9). We found it eventually and Jimmy and I sent quickly. Here's a quick video Jimmy put together of me climbing it:

I also took some photos of Nathan Drolet climbing on it. Here is my favorite:



I guess that's all for now,

Brion

No comments:

Post a Comment