Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Emerald

I had forgotten how incredible Rock Mountain National Park really is. The snow, the scenery, the wildlife, and the climbing combine in a way only the Power Rangers and Planeteers have done on early morning television. Spending the past couple days climbing at Emerald Lake have jogged my memory though and we have been having quite a fun time up in the mountains. Yesterday for example I witnessed an EPIC BATTLE between two climbers, Nathan Drolet and John Gass, and the compression problem Storm Shadow (v10). For hours both climbers fought to defeat the boulder but unfortunately their advances were repelled. Here are some photos:




As for me, I climbed the Storm Shadow sit start (v11) which adds two hard moves into the v10. Video to come.

-Brion

No comments:

Post a Comment