Sunday, June 14, 2009

I Was Groppled


Mt. Evans

The last three days have been a little crazy - lots of climbing, lots of hiking, no rest. Oh, and it snowed today... and yesterday. I haven't visited an alpine area without seeing snow yet. It doesn't really stick but what? I mean, its mid june!

Jweb and Jgass showed up this morning at about 4:30 A.M. and after very little sleep they met us out at Mt. Evans. It was a quick warm up. I was very happy to climb the classic Seurat (v8) a beautiful and very pure crack climb.



Then the 5 of us walked back to area B to find the Hume Problem (v9). Jon, Jimmy, and I all sent 2nd try. Silverback (v11) was also on the hit list today but a little snow made a difficult problem nearly impossible. As always the snow moved on and cold temps moved in. Jimmy and I proved that we were in control of the ground on Ground Control (v12) a lowball sloper thing that I swore I would never try. I think this one would be more like v10 back home. Whatever... I also flashed Bierstadt (v9/10) today. That one was really fun. Nate easily climbed Bierstadt also. And Jon had a great day sending 3 v10s in addition to the Hume Problem.


Tactical Error

Last Dance

On the last random problem of the day, I rocked onto my right heal and my knee just popped. It's kinda stiff now. Does anyone have experience with this kind of thing?

Yesterday was our first real day in the park - we hiked to upper chaos canyon to climb on the green 45. After 2 crazy snow storms Jon and I both sent Wildcat (v12), Nate and I did 1000 Shades of Green (v9), and I finished off the day by climbing the roof problem Two Ton Tongue (v11).

Posin'

Wildcat

With or without climbing, RMNP is the coolest place I have ever been. I can't wait to go back. Oh, and I finished off Hard Boiled (v11) on Thursday.

-Brion

No comments:

Post a Comment